Formulation and Characterization of Repaglinide Chitosan Nanoparticles for the Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus Type II
The aim of this study was to prepare and characterize the nanoparticle formulation of Repaglinide to facilitate the development of a novel drug delivery system with improved efficacy and bioavailability. These particles were prepared by Ionotropic gelation method. Prepared formulations were evaluated for Zeta potential, Particle size Polydispersibility index, entrapment efficiency, production yield and in vitro drug release. The formulation batch F4 was found to be best formulation among all the prepared formulations because it showed least particle size, better poly dispersibility index, entrapment efficiency and in vitro drug release.
2. Patil.S, Behera. A, Sahoo SK, Patil SK et al. Antidiabetic drug loaded biodegradable nanoparticles for the management of Diabetes mellitus Pharmaceut Anal Acta. 2013; 4:2.
3. Maritim AC, Sanders RA, Watkins JB. .Diabetes, oxidative stress and Antioxidants: A Review. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2003;17(1): 24-38.
4. International Diabetic Federation. IDF diabetes atlas (Executive summary). Sixth Edition, 11, 2013. 5. Ebrahimi HA, Javadzadeh Y, Hamidi M, Jalali MB. .Repaglinide-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles: effect of using different surfactants/stabilizers on physicochemical properties of nanoparticles. DARU J. Pharm. Sci. 2015, 23:46.
6. Yao J, Shi YQ, Li ZR, Jin SH. Development of a RP-HPLC method for screening potentially counterfeit anti-diabetic drugs. J Chromatogr B. 2007; 853: 254–9.
7. Culy JR, Jarvis B. Repaglinide: a review of its therapeutic use in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Drugs. 2001; 61:1625–60.