Formulation and Evaluation of Floating Tablet of Thiocolchicoside
Thiocolchicoside is a centrally acting analgesic and is used to treat moderate to severe pain. Thiocolchicoside is rapidly and almost completely absorbed after oral administration, showing good bioavailability. Hence the main objective of the work was to design, development and in vitro evaluation of natural gum based matrix tablet of Thiocolchicoside.
All the batches were evaluated for angle of repose, carr’s index, hausner’s ratio, hardness, thickness, weight variation, drug content and in vitro release characteristics. The results of DSC and IR spectroscopy exhibited that no chemical interaction between drug and polymers and no shifting in the IR peaks was observed.
The release kinetics and the mechanism of drug release by regression coefficient analysis were investigated. The optimized tablets having HPMC provided more sustained drug release than other polymers. The drug release from the tablets was sufficiently sustained and non-Fickian transport of the drug from tablets was confirmed.
3. .http://pharmatips.doyouknow.in/Articles/Pharmaceutics/Tablet/Introduction-Of- Floating- Tablet.aspx)
4. Swati C. Jagdale, Amit J. Agavekar, Sudhir V. Pandya, Bhanudas S. Kuchekar, and Aniruddha R.Chabukswar. Formulation and Evaluation of Gastroretentive Drug Delivery System of PropranololHydrochloride. AAPS PharmSciTech. 10 (3); 2009: 1071- 1079.
5. Anand S. Surana and Rakhee K. Kotecha, “An overview on various approaches to oral controlled drug delivery system via gastric retention”, Int J. pharm sci , volume (2), 2010, 68-72.
6. Zate SU, Kothawade PI, Mahale GH, Kapse KP, Anantwar SP. Gastroretentive Bioadhesive Drug Delivery System: A Review. International Journal of Pharm Tech Research Res. 2010; 2(2):1227-1235.
7. Vinod KR, Vasa S, Anbuazaghan S, David B, Padmasri A, Sandhya S. Approaches forGastroretentive Drug Delivery Systems. 2010; 1(2):589-601.
8. Mayavanshi AV and Gajjar SS. Review On “Floating Drug Delivery Systems To Increase Gastric Retention Of Drugs”
9. Lokendra P. Sngh et al, Journal of pharmaceutical research and biomedical sciences (http://www.jpbms.info/index.php.
10. In Vitro And In Vivo Techniques To Assess The Performance Of Gastro- Retentive Drug Delivery Systems: A Review.(Pubmed.Com).
11. Jain NK., Controlled & novel drug delivery system, Pharmaceutical product development , Cbs Publishers: 434-437(2004)
12. Desai S, Bolton S, A floating controlled release drug delivery system: in vitro- in vivo evaluation. Pharm Re, 10; 1321-1325, (1993)
13. Thiocolchicoside Drug Information | MIMS.Com Hong Kong
14. Permeation Parameters Of Thiocolchicoside Across The Skin In VitroMariella Artusi, Cristina Padula, Paolo Colombo, Sara Nicoli, Patrizia SantiDepartment Of Pharmacy, University Of Parma, Viale Delle Scienze, 43100 Parma, Italy;
15. Thiocolchicoside As Muscle Relaxant: A Review - IJPBS http://www.ijpbs.com/data/JULY-SEPT%202011/364-371.
16. Pharmacokinetics of Thiocolchicoside in Humans Using a Speci .(http://pdfs.journals.lww.com/drug)monitoring/1995/10000/Pharmacokinetics_of_Thiocolchicoside_in_Humans.
17. Formulation And Evaluation Of Floating Dosage Forms: An Overview ...Www.Sysrevpharm.Org/Article.Asp.
18. Amol S etal, Evaluation of hydrophilic polymers for applicability to swellable gastro-retentive drug delivery systems.
19. Rosa M, Zia H, Rhodes T. Dosing and testing in vitro of a bio adhesive and floating drug delivery system for oral application. Int J Pharm 1994; 105: 65‐7.
20. Thiocolchicoside - Chemnet(Www.Chemnet.Com › CAS)
21. Araujo, PW and Brereton RG. 1996. Experimental design II. Optimization, Trends and chem. vol.15 pp. 63–70.
22. Bhateja, P, Gautam PK, Hitesh SP, Sunny Dogra. and Nitesh Dogra., 2012. Formulation development and evaluation of sustained release tablets of Aceclofenac, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 1, Issue 5, pp. 1393-1423.
23. Bankar, VH, Gaikwad, PD and Pawar, SP. Novel sustained release drug delivery system: Review, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and development, 2012; 3(12): 1-14.
24. Chugh, I, Seth, N, Rana, AC and Gupta, S. 2012.Oral sustained release drug delivery system: An Overview, International Journal of Pharmaceutics 2012; 3(5): 57-62.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.