Comparative Assessment of Some Physicochemical Properties of marketed Ayurvedic Mahanarayan massage oils
Tailas or oils are important group of formulations used by Ayurvedic physicians to treat various types of diseases. Mahanarayan massages oils formulation which is used for the treatment of arthritis, Paralysis, and other joint related disorders. It also helps to stimulate the internal functions of the body while providing nourishment to different body tissues. Oils also lubricate to skin and tissue. The Present work was conducted to standardize the selected five marketed Mahanarayan massages oils for their physicochemical parameters, i.e. color, odor, pH, specific gravity, acid value, peroxide value and saponification value. The findings of the study showed that Mahanarayan massages oils were complies the requirements for physicochemical parameters as prescribed in standard text.
2. Sharma A, Shanker C, Tyagi LK, Singh M, Rao V. Herbal Medicine for Market Potential in India: An Overview. Academic Journal Plant Science, 2008; 1 (2): 26-36.
3. Rasheed AA review on standardization of herbal formulations. International Journal of Phytotherapy, 2012; 2(2): 74-88.
4. Mosihuzzaman M, Choudhary MI. Protocols on Safety, Efficacy, Standardization, and Documentation of Herbal Medicine. Pure and Applied Chemistry, 2008; 80(10):2195–2230.
5. Calixto JB. Efficacy, safety, quality control, marketing and regulatory guidelines for herbal medicines (phytotherapeutic agents). Brazilian Journal of Medicinal Biology Research, 2000; 33: 179-189.
6. Jeganathan NS et al., standardization of A siddha formulation – seeraga thailam, IJPCBS 2017, 7(1), 18-24.
7. Ayurvedic Formulary of India, part-I, second edition, 436-439.
8. Indian Pharmacopoeia, Ministry of health and family welfare, Controller of Publications, Govt. of India, volume 1, 1996, A-78.
9. Bhaishajya Ratnavali Vatavyadhi Rogadhikara – 151 – 162.
10. Bureau of Indian standards, BIS Specification, IS 7123:1993.